Making a paper plate masquerade mask is an easy and fun project for the whole family. This inexpensive yet creative method of crafting your theme mask is sure to be a hit. Get started and show off your masquerade masterpiece.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Measuring tape
- Paper plate
- Decorative materials (glitter, feathers, etc.)
- Popsicle stick
Cut your paper plate into desired shape. Find pictures of classic masquerade masks for inspiration, but have fun with your own design. Be sure to measure against person who is wearing mask for a correct fit for the eye holes.
Measure and cut out two holes in the designated area of mask for eyes. Conduct a semi-dress rehearsal to ensure vision is clear when wearing mask.
Decorate mask using glue and feathers, glitter, stickers, and any other desired materials.
Apply glue to top of Popsicle stick and press onto the back of the mask. This will be the opposite side of decorated side of mask.
Tips and warnings
- Lightweight decorations are best.
- Mask templates are available.
- Heavy decorations may cause paper plate to bend and/or fold over.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for