Police officers always wear a uniform when on duty to help them stand out from the general public and also to gain some respect. These uniforms are usually made up of black or blue trousers and a white or blue shirt, which makes this a very easy yet instantly recognisable costume to put together. You can include a few accessories to make your outfit more unique, too.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Black trousers or skirt
- Black peaked cap
- White or blue shirt
- Silver card stock
- Smart black shoes
- Aviator shades
Buy or borrow the black trousers, peaked cap, shoes and white or blue shirt if you do not already have them in your wardrobe.
Draw a 3-inch high, shield-shaped badge on the silver card stock. Cut it out. Repeat to make a second badge.
Glue one badge to the front of your peaked cap. Glue the other to the right breast of your shirt.
Draw the outline of a toy gun on the silver card stock. Cut it out.
Wear the trousers, shirt and smart black shoes. For a female police costume, wear a skirt instead of trousers.
Put your cap on, with the badge and the peak at the front. Pop the card-stock gun in your pocket. Wear your aviator shades.
Tips and warnings
- Navy blue or grey trousers and peaked cap are OK to use, too.
- If women want to wear a sexier costume, choose a shorter skirt and a tight shirt, with an extra button or two unfastened.
- Make some handcuffs from the silver card stock too if you wish.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for