If you enjoy creating homemade costumes in order to save money and apply your creativity in a fun way, creating a homemade pigeon costume will surely create laughs at an adult Halloween party or make a fun child's costume for any kid who's ever wanted to fly. Using many items that may already be in adult or children's wardrobe and a quick trip to the craft store, a homemade pigeon costume can easily be assembled in one to two hours.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2, 8.5-inch-by-11-inch pieces yellow construction paper
- White tennis shoes
- 6 safety pins
- Grey hooded sweatshirt
- 100 artificial grey feathers
- 100 artificial white feathers
- Grey or black gloves
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Yellow leggings or tights
- Grey shorts
- Orange face paint
- Large-frame black sunglasses or black costume eye mask
Cut the yellow construction paper into six total 2-inch-by-8.5-inch strips. Fold each strip in accordion fashion. Attach three strips of construction paper to the tongue of each tennis shoe with safety pins.
Glue white and grey feathers to the sweatshirt. Feathers will cover the entire hood and down the top of each sleeve.
Glue two feathers on each finger of each glove.
Dress in tights or leggings with grey shorts placed over tights or leggings, then add pre-assembled shoes.
Dress in pre-assembled sweatshirt. Put up hood and secure with tie around chin.
Apply orange face paint to nose for appearance of a beak. Put on sunglasses over eyes. Place pre-assembled feathered gloves on last.
Tips and warnings
- More feathers can be used if desired; the more feathers used will create a longer assembly time.
- If the costume is for a child, do not allow children to operate the glue gun.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for