Bug bites are bothersome not only when they itch and irritate but can sometimes cause scars or unsightly marks as well. Over time some scars will simply fade, but there are ways to accelerate the healing process. Some methods are natural and gentle to the body, while others require doctor visits and expensive procedures. Choosing a process that fits your needs and budget is important when removing scars from fleas or other insect bites.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Helichrysum oil
- Lavender oil
- Neroli oil
- Sage oil
- Flaxseed Oil
- Rose hip seed oil
- Small, dark coloured glass bottle with lid
Combine two drops of each essential oil (helichrysum oil, lavender oil, neroli oil, and sage oil) to 18 ml (one tablespoon) of flaxseed oil and 56 ml (two ounces) of rose hip seed oil.
Mix the essential oil ingredients and store in a dark bottle.
Apply to the fleabite scars several times a day. Supplies can easily be purchased online or at various health food stores.
Visit your local chemist to select an over the counter scar removal cream.
Compare prices and qualities of each cream. Some creams are odourless and lightweight, while others are gentler and contain natural ingredients. Doctors usually suggest creams that use silicone as a main ingredient.
Apply the chosen cream as the manufacturer's directions suggest, approximately once or twice a day on the flea bite scar.
Talk with your doctor or dermatologist about your fleabite scars and discuss possible methods of removal. Laser removal is common for smaller scars such as an insect bite but can be expensive and painful.
Consider cost and health risks before taking a serious step like professional treatment. The most common side effect of laser scar removal is hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation, both of which can be enhanced by sun exposure. Laser treatments can also cause infection or allergic reactions, although these are treatable if caught in time.
Arrange the necessary appointments with your doctor to proceed with professional scar removal for your fleabite scars.
Tips and warnings
- Always read manufacturer's instructions on any essential oil or over the counter product your purchase.
- Ensure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients or products that you are using. Test a product on a small area of skin before using. Talk with your doctor about potential health risks from professional procedures.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for