Ovens are subjected to many stain-causing materials that build up and cake on during the baking process. Keeping your oven clean is vital to maintaining the appearance and working condition of your oven. Commercial oven cleaners do the trick but are laden with heavy chemicals that have a strong chemical odour. If you're sensitive to chemicals or wish to not expose your family unnecessarily, a homemade oven cleaner is a safe, effective alternative.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 box baking soda
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Cleaning cloths
Create your homemade natural oven cleaner in the oven. Sprinkle a thick layer of baking soda over the bottom of the oven.
Fill a spray bottle halfway with white vinegar and the rest of the way with water. Shake the solution to mix it.
Spray the baking soda in the bottom of your oven with the diluted vinegar spray. Use enough vinegar solution to make the baking soda damp. Spray every three or four hours to keep the homemade oven cleaner damp, and allow it to sit on the surface of your oven overnight.
Wet a clean cloth, and scrub your oven with the homemade oven cleanser. Wipe the cleanser and grime out with a clean, damp cloth. Rinse several times with a dampened cloth to remove the baking soda residue.
Dry your oven with a clean, dry cloth.
Tips and warnings
- Baking soda and vinegar remove grease stains; eliminate odours; and create a natural, mild abrasive safe for oven surfaces.
- Use a nylon mesh scrubber for extra scrubbing power.
- Use your homemade oven cleaner to clean the hob, too.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for