Roaches are one of the most common insect pests. They prefer to live in warm, moist environments, making your home an ideal place to inhabit. Cockroaches are capable of transmitting disease and bacteria throughout your home and can cause allergies and asthma in sensitive people. If you are looking for an inexpensive way to kill roaches without using harmful pesticides, coffee grinds are an effective homemade solution.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Small cups
- Wet coffee grinds
- Weather stripping
Fill large glass jars about halfway with water and place small cups of moistened coffee grinds inside each jar. The roaches are attracted to the scent of the coffee grinds and enter the jar.
Place the jars against walls, baseboards or anywhere you think roaches are nesting. Once the roaches crawl inside the jar, they are unable to escape.
Check the jars daily. When you get enough drowned roaches in a jar, remove the cup of coffee grinds and dump the water with dead roaches into the toilet.
Refill the jars with water and coffee grinds and place them back against the walls and baseboards. Repeat this process daily until the roaches are completely gone.
Tips and warnings
- Practice proper sanitation to deter roaches from coming into your home. Keep your home as clean as possible every day.
- Keep roaches out of your home by blocking their entrance. Seal cracks and crevices in walls with caulk and use weather stripping around windows and doors.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for