Pebbles Flinstone is the daughter of Fred and Wilma in the 1960s cartoon series "The Flinstones." The character is a cute choice for Halloween and her cave-kid-chic costume is easy to make yourself at home. This look is ideal if you want to dress up with friends, because you can persuade them to dress up as Fred, Wilma or their madcap neighbours Betty, Barney and Bamm-Bamm Rubble.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 6-by-3 foot pink fun fur material
- Black fabric pen
- Black mini skirt
- Pink over-the-knee socks
- Black high heels
- Orange hairspray
- White card stock
- Hair clip
Fold the 6-by-3-foot piece of pink fun fur in two and cut a 10-inch circle in the centre of the fold. Cut zigzag edges around the circle. This hole is for your head to go through.
Cut zigzag edges along the two 3-foot ends of the material. Sew the two sides of the folded material together along the sides, with the hole for your head at the top. Do not sew the top 10 inches of both sides together, so you have a space for your arms to go through. This is your top.
Draw 2-by-3-inch triangles all over the top in a random fashion -- make them about 3 to 4 inches apart.
Cut the hem off your black skirt in a zigzag manner.
Put on your skirt, then wear your top over it. Wear your socks pulled up to your knees and put on your black heels.
Spray your hair with the orange hairspray.
Draw a 6-by-3-inch bone on the card stock and cut it out. Glue it to the hair clip and leave it to dry. Clip it in your hair at the top of your head.
Tips and warnings
- Use an orange wig as an alternative to the coloured hairspray.
- If you can find a dog's toy bone, stick this to a hair clip instead of making one from card stock.
- Make sure the furry side of the pink fun fur is on the outside of the top when you're making it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for