One of television's most beloved action heroes was Angus MacGyver, the lead character of the hit show "MacGyver" which ran from 1985 to 1992 and followed the adventures of the resourceful secret agent, played by Richard Dean Anderson.
MacGyver was as well-known for his feathered mane of hair as he was for his ability to get out of any trouble with items from his immediate environment and his trusty duct tape and Swiss Army knife.
Putting together a great MacGyver costume is simple and inexpensive, and is sure to draw laughs and attention at any costume party.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Blond feathered wig
- Hairspray and round brush
- Brown leather bomber jacket
- Collared shirt
- Tight-fitting jeans
- Braided leather belt
- Stop-watch or wrist watch with timer
- Duct tape and Swiss Army knife
- Several everyday objects, such as toothbrush, wire hanger and AA battery
Put on blond feathered "mullet-style" wig, or if your hair is long enough, use hairspray and round brush to fluff and feather sides of your hair.
Put on collared shirt, leaving part of chest exposed, plus tight denim, braided belt and leather bomber jacket. Find items cheaply at thrift or vintage stores.
Wear stopwatch around neck or place wrist watch with timer visibly on wrist.
Carry around assortment of everyday or common items. Announce to fellow partiers that these items can be used to defuse bombs, break out of any prison, etc.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for