Dune buggies are a popular recreational vehicle made for off roading, specifically for sand dunes or beaches. The dune buggy has a unique look thanks to its wire roll cage designed to protect the driver and its small body frame. The principles of drawing a dune buggy follow closely with the principles of drawing regular cars. With proper practice and knowledge, drawing dune buggies can be a fun experience for any art or car enthusiast.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- White drawing paper
- Drawing pencil
- Black pen
- Drawing eraser
Draw a basic grid using two boxes. Use a pencil to sketch a small box for the dune buggy's roll cage and a large box underneath it for the buggy's body and wheels. Make sure the grid is the correct size and shape of your dune buggy.
Sketch the dune buggy's outline into the grid using a pencil. Carefully map out the dune buggy's basic shape and size. Do not add any detail or the dune buggy's roll cage. Focus on getting the proper outline and proportion of the vehicle.
Erase your drawing grid and pencil in the roll cage of the dune buggy. Follow your outline to keep the cage in proportion.
Insert details into the dune buggy's body and wheels. Draw the interior of the buggy and erase any unnecessary parts of your outline. Correct any mistakes made previously.
Darken your dune buggy using a pencil or a black pen. Add extra details and shading to finish your drawing.
Tips and warnings
- Always draw lightly with your pencil at first. Darken the picture once all final details are complete.
- Study illustrations and pictures of dune buggies for a better idea of their structure and style.
- Watch other artist's drawings techniques for cars and off-road vehicles. This will give you more ideas and methods for your drawings.
- Always use a graphing or measuring method when drawing your dune buggy. The picture will appear lopsided and warped otherwise.
- Practice, and don't get discouraged if your first dune buggy doesn't come out the way you intended.
- Some buggies have wire body frames. Draw this type of body frame using the same methods done for the roll cage.
- The roll cage of dune buggies is the most difficult part to draw. If you run into trouble when following your outline, reference dune buggy pictures for a better idea of what roll cages look like.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for