Zombie costumes are a very popular Halloween outfit although many other fancy dress parties would welcome an undead in addition to the standard pirates and policemen. Unlike other costumes, zombies do not require any specialist clothing, just a few shades of make-up, some fake blood and some prosthetic skin if you want to make maximum effort.
Applying the make-up takes very little time and the entire costume can be made in less than 30 minutes.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Old clothes
- Fake blood
- White, black and red make-up
- Prosthetic skin
Rip or cut holes in old pieces of clothing. This is to simulate the struggle with the zombies who turned you into a zombie. Try to imagine where zombies would grab you and tear along the seams of clothing.
Apply some fake blood to the distressed and ripped areas of the clothing to simulate wounds.
Cover your whole face in white make-up to indicate an undead pallor. To increase this effect, apply black make-up around the eyes.
Attach prosthetic skin to your cheeks. You may have difficulty locating prosthetic skins at times other than Halloween, but with some forethought you can probably find some on the Internet. The fake skin attaches to the face with glue and add an extra dimension to the costume.
Add fake blood or red make-up around the mouth and skin prosthetics to simulate bleeding.
Tips and warnings
- Remember the walk. Zombie costumes only work if the persons wearing them are not jumping around.
- Test the make-up on an inconspicuous area of skin to be sure you are not allergic.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for