The first "Predator" movie was released in 1987 and starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, leading a group of commandos that end up fighting killer aliens called Predators. From that original movie an entire movie franchise was launched and the Predator has become an iconic alien monster and the perfect costume for Halloween or any costume party. With some basic supplies from your local hardware store, you can create your own Predator mask that will scare your friends and be the hit of the Halloween party.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 50 feet black soaker hose
- Black baseball cap with ear flaps
- Sewing needle with black thread
- Two yards black ribbon
- Adhesive Velcro strips
- Craft glue
- Black electrical tape
- Bicycle helmet
- Grip shelf liner in grey
- Pre-moulded Predator mask
Go to your local hardware store and purchase 50 feet of black soaker hose. This will be used to make the dreads on your Predator mask. With your scissors, cut the hose at an angle into two- and three-foot segments. You will have a little bit of hose leftover.
Take your black baseball cap with ear flaps and cut off the front visor with your scissors. You now have a black cap with ear flaps. Remove the headband from your bicycle helmet and with your needle and thread, sew the headband around the cap and flaps of your hat. Take your black ribbon and with your scissors cut it in half so you have two pieces, each one yard in length. Sew the ribbon into each side of the cap. You will use the ribbon to secure the cap under your chin.
With needle and thread, sew the soaker hose segments at the crown of your cap along the sides and back. You now have your Predator dreads attached to your cap.
Take the black electrical tape and wrap it around the end of each of your dreads to create the look of a sharp spike at the end of your dreads.
Take the shelf liner and cut it into thin strips, about 1/2-inch in width. Wrap the strips around your dreads at random six- to 12-inch intervals and glue them into place with your craft glue.
Attach the one side of adhesive Velcro where you removed the rim of the baseball cap. Take your pre-moulded Predator mask and attach the other side of the Velcro along the inside edge at the top of the mask. Attach the Velcro in the mask to the Velcro on your cap. Place the mask and cap over your head and face. Secure it with the ribbon around your chin. You now have a complete Predator mask that will make a very cool costume.
Tips and warnings
- A pre-moulded Predator mask can be purchased online at Mysteria's website (see Resources) or another film memorabilia outlet. You can also make your own moulded Predator mask if you have experience working with foam and moulding styrofoam.
- Young children should not wear a homemade Predator costume. There are too many small parts that may cause a choking hazard with children under age three.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for