Jack the Ripper, Ted Bundy, Hannibal Lecter and Leatherface. All of these psychopathic serial killers (some real, some fictional) bring to mind images of horror and bloodshed, perfect for a Halloween costume. If you want to choose an easily identifiable serial killer, almost everyone knows Jason from the "Friday the 13th" movies. He is famous for wearing his ever-present hockey mask, so grab your mask, put some fake blood on your machete and create an easy, homemade Halloween costume.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hockey mask
- Fake machete or dulled machete
- Corn syrup
- Red food colouring
- Blue food colouring (optional)
- Old jeans
- Old large button-up work shirt
- Old T-shirt
- Work boots
Slash or tear the bottom and cuffs of the large buttoned shirt with the scissors and the knife. This will give the shirt a frayed look. Put some slices in the T-shirt too.
Make a batch of fake blood. Use 1/4 to 1/2 cup of corn syrup, depending on the amount of blood you want to make. Add three to four drops of red food colouring until you get the desired tint you need. For darker, more realistic blood, add a drop or two of blue food colour.
Spread some of the fake blood on the shirts, especially around the holes in the T-shirt. Dip a spoon in the mixture then fling it at the shirt to give it a blood spatter look.
Pour some of the fake blood onto the machete. Lay it flat and allow the syrup to dry on the blade. Just before you go out, you may want to add some more fake blood so that it looks wet.
Put on the jeans, shirts, work-boots and the hockey mask. Grab your machete and your serial killer costume is complete.
Tips and warnings
- You can also purchase fake blood from a discount or Halloween costume store.
- If you are using a real machete, make sure the blade is dull so that you do not cut yourself of anybody else. You may want to wrap the blade with masking tape and then duct tape before putting the fake blood on it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for