Many kids enjoy dressing up as soldiers and playing war games. Part of the fun comes from looking the part of the soldier. Increase the kids' creativity and crafting skills by involving them in making paper army hats that they can use for playing or even for a Halloween costume. Quite easily made from heavy paper or newspaper, a paper army hat can be made, worn and thrown away with little mess or materials and lots of fun for all involved.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Heavy rectangular paper, newspaper size
- Staples (optional)
- Stapler (optional)
Fold the paper in half so that it makes a square, approximately. Fold the two top corners to toward the middle.
Fold the top bottom flap up halfway, then fold it up again. Flip the hat over, and fold the sides in toward each other so that they meet in the middle.
Fold the top pointed tip down so that the point lies where the folded sides meet. The point should lie slightly under the meeting of the folded sides.
Fold the two bottom corners up and in. They each should fold into a triangle shape, leaving a larger bottom point. Fold this point once, then up again so that you can tuck it behind the band.
Grasp the hat at the bottom of the band, and gently pull to open the hat. You may wish to staple it at the seams to reinforce it.
Tips and warnings
- The size of the paper and the exact folding places of the sides will determine the final hat size. Experiment with various paper sizes to find the best fit for you.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for