Rainbow Brite was the star of her own cartoon show in the 1980s. In it, she spread colour, kindness and joy throughout her world with the help of her friends Twink and the Color Kids. Blond Rainbow Brite wore a colourful costume that included a royal-blue dress with stripy arms and a magic belt. With some colourful accessories, it is much easier than you might think to replicate this outfit.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- White cardstock
- Colouring pens
- Red belt
- Knee-length, royal-blue dress
- Red suspenders
- 2 pairs over-the-knee, rainbow-coloured, stripy socks
- Red shoes
- Blonde wig
- Blue hair ribbon
Draw a rainbow measuring 5 inches by 3 inches on a piece of white cardstock. Cut it out, and glue it onto the buckle of a red belt.
Put on a knee-length blue dress, and fasten the belt around your waist with the rainbow at the front. Add a pair of red suspenders, and clip them to your belt.
Cut the feet out of one pair of rainbow-striped socks, and pull them onto your arms.
Pull a second pair of rainbow socks onto your feet and over your knees, and then accessorise with a pair of red shoes.
Pull on a blonde wig, and tie it up in a ponytail with a hairband. Tie a blue ribbon in a bow around the hairband.
Tips and warnings
- If you can't find stripy socks, colour rainbow stripes onto two pairs of white socks with fabric pens.
- If you have a toy Twink, carry him as part of your outfit.
- Dye a white dress royal blue if you can't find a blue one.
- If you have long, blond hair, you don't need the wig.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for