Sexy bee. Sexy mouse. Sexy police officer. It seems like every female-specific costume these days is a sexy version of something boring. If you're a lady with a silly sense of humour and a penchant for the absurd, do something different for your next Halloween or costume party by dressing up like a household object. A coffee cup, a telephone, a pencil or even your favourite brightly-coloured loofah are all fair game for funny -- and yes, possibly even sexy -- costume ideas.
Cut the tulle into more manageable pieces measuring 1 or 2 metres apiece.
Crumple up the pieces of tulle to make them fluffy.
Put on the shorts and T-shirt or dress and the tights, which should all match the colour of the tulle.
Bunch up the crumpled tulle and safety-pin or stitch it to your clothing in a billowing, loofah-like pattern. Solicit help for the back.
Cut the rope into three equal pieces. Knot them together at one end, or tie them securely with a piece of thread. Braid the three pieces together.
Form the braid into a loop and pin it to your shoulder.
To make the loofah look wet, spray it all over with silver glitter spray.
Wear the costume with white shoes and a tiara if desired.
If you are wearing the costume with a T-shirt and shorts, be sure not to pin them together (for rest room purposes). Silver glitter spray is available at many party stores. How much tulle you'll need will depend on how large the person wearing the costume is.
Tips and warnings
- If you are wearing the costume with a T-shirt and shorts, be sure not to pin them together (for rest room purposes).
- Silver glitter spray is available at many party stores.
- How much tulle you'll need will depend on how large the person wearing the costume is.
Things you need
- 30 to 50 metres of tulle
- Matching T-shirt and shorts or short dress
- Tights in matching colour
- Safety pins or needle and thread
- 3 to 4 feet of white rope
- Silver glitter spray (optional)
- Rhinestone tiara (optional)
- White shoes