Socks serve a great basis for simple no-sew fabric dolls, such as book characters or animals. Use polyester fibre stuffing to stuff and shape the sock in the desired form and a hot glue to keep everything together. A snowman is an easy shape to create from your child's white sock. The embellishments, such as small pom poms for a nose and old buttons down the doll's front, are simple as well.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- White children's sock
- Polyester fibre stuffing
- Two rubber bands
- Small children's winter hat
- Hot glue gun
- Black marker
- Small orange pom
- Ribbon or sash
Fill the sock with polyester fibre stuffing. Create a round head and a round body. Use rubber bands to keep the stuffing in place. Wrap one rubber band around the top of the head to close the sock and one around the neck.
Pour two or three handfuls of rice into the hat, and follow it with the stuffing. The rice helps keep the snowman upright. Place hot glue all over the top of the head and stick the hat on firmly.
Draw on eyes and a mouth with black marker. Hot glue a small orange pom to the face for a nose. Glue buttons of your colour choice down the snowman's front. Tie a sash in the colour of your choice in a bow around the snowman's neck.
Tips and warnings
- Use old pantyhose to create no-sew tube dolls. Simple glue or tape the opening of the hose shut after filling it with stuffing.
- Paper towel rolls and toilet paper rolls are another method of making a tube doll that requires no sewing.
- Take care when using the hot glue not to burn the skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for