Baking cookies for gifts is a thoughtful, creative and inexpensive way to show someone you care, but sometimes it can be difficult to think of ways to wrap these baked goods. Luckily, there are several ways to gift wrap cookies, including using store-bought gift bags. Wrapping cookies in gift bags is easy, and it can add a splash of colour and craftiness to your gift. This is an attractive way to present cookies to someone special.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cellophane paper (coloured or clear)
- Coloured ribbon
- Small gift bags
Cut the cellophane paper into a medium-sized square so that each side is about 6 inches long.
Place one to three cookies, stacking them if there is more than one, in the centre of the cellophane square.
Bring the corners of the cellophane up around the cookies and tie a ribbon around the ends of the cellophane. Once the ribbon is tied, fluff out the top of the cellophane.
Open the scissors and run the ends of the ribbon along the edge of the scissors to create a spiral curl.
Place the cellophane-wrapped cookies into a gift bag. Place one stack of cookies or multiple stacks, depending on how many cookies you want to give to the recipient.
Most store-bought gift bags come with a small card attached. If your bag has this, write a short note in the card.
Tips and warnings
- To add more colour, place a piece of coloured tissue paper beneath the cellophane and lift the corners of both the tissue paper and the cellophane together before tying it with the ribbon.
- When curling your ribbon, be careful to move the scissors away from your body as opposed to toward it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for