The traditional music of Nepal and other countries is often overlooked when considering music to download from the web. Most of the digital audio found online consists of modern artists. To locate Nepali songs online, you do not have to look further from the places where you would legally download modern music from any other country. Nepali songs are available in digital formats from the iTunes music store, Amazon MP3 store and other online digital music retailers.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Credit or debit card
Download iTunes from the link in this article's Resources section.
Create an account following the on-screen instructions, depending on the version of iTunes you have downloaded. Supply the information required to purchase items using your credit or debit card online.
Perform a search using the "Search" bar at the top of the iTunes window. Search for a specific Nepali artist, song, or album name. As an example, "Himalaya Roots" will result in a compilation of 10 songs by Bharat Nepali Party, an album of traditional Nepali music. Click "Buy" to purchase this album for £6.40 (as of 2011), and confirm the purchase via the windows that appear. The songs will automatically download to your computer's hard drive.
Visit the Amazon.com MP3 Downloads link in this article's Resources section.
Search for "Himalaya Roots" (for example) in the search bar near the top of the screen.
Click on the Himalaya Roots album by Bharat Nepali Party (for example).
Click "Buy MP3 Album with 1-Click" on the right side of the page. Enter your Amazon account details. If you do not already have one, you will have to register an account and link it with your credit or debit card.
Click "Continue" until the items have been purchased. The MP3 files will begin to download to your computer's hard drive.
Tips and warnings
- There are many places to legally download Nepali music online, but these are the two most widely used services for downloading MP3 files.
- Make sure that when attempting to download music from services other than Amazon or iTunes, that the digital files you receive do not contain copyrighted information that has been distributed illegally. The most reliable way to do this is to purchase your songs from an online retailer such as the iTunes Music Store or Amazon MP3 Downloads.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for