The Nintendo Wii was released by Nintendo after the GameCube. It uses a motion sensor system with a "Wiimote" or classic controller. What many people do not know is that the Wii, like many older consoles, can be emulated on the computer. This allows you to play Wii games on your laptop without any additional hardware modifications to your system.
- Skill level:
Download Dolphin. It is the most developed and compatible Wii emulator for playing on your laptop.
Extract the contents of the archive to a folder.
Double-click "Dolphin.exe" to open the Wii emulator.
Change the settings, located under "options" and "configure" for optimal performance. Check all the advanced settings - enable dual core, use panic handlers and automatically hide the cursor - under the general tab.
Click the graphics settings and check auto scale for both windowed and fullscreen mode. Also force bi/trilinear filtering, 4x anisotropic filter and 4x Antialias need to be enabled for the graphics to render clearly. Under Advanced ensure that use safe texture cache, copy EFB to GL texture, overlay FPS and EFB copy with hotkey E are the only options enabled.
Open the controls and designate which buttons on your remote you would like to use. You can use a keyboard or USB gaming pad for the computer. If you have a Bluetooth dongle, you can also use a Wiimote on your PC.
Click load and select your Wii or GameCube game, since Dolphin is capable of emulating both. You can use the actual game in your disc tray or, if you have a back up copy stored in .iso format on your computer, select that file from the menu.
Tips and warnings
- Dolphin may not have absolute compatibility with every Wii game. If you experience problems, try a different game.
- Processing a Wii game takes a large amount of power. Your system may not play the games effectively without adequate memory and at least a dual-core processor.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for