Nacho cheese dip with minced meat can be a favourite at family events and company parties. Though easy to prepare, it is a filling and tasty dish that can be served as a topping for chips, enchiladas, burritos and other ethnic foods; it can also be used to spice up more Americanized dishes, such as hot dogs and french fries.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 0.454kg. minced meat
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 0.907kg. soft American cheese block
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup salsa
Brown 0.454kg. minced meat over medium heat in a skillet until it is thoroughly cooked (there should be no pink). Drain grease using a colander and run hot water over hamburger to eliminate residual grease. Place hamburger back in skillet and sprinkle with garlic salt for added flavour.
Cube or slice 0.907kg. American cheese block into manageable portions and add to cooked minced meat. Reduce heat to low/medium until cheese melts. Stir frequently.
Pour 1/2 cup milk into meat and cheese mixture after the cheese has melted, stir thoroughly. Milk helps keep nacho cheese dip with minced meat creamy.
Add 3/4 cup of your favourite salsa to meat-cheese-milk mixture, and stir thoroughly to complete the dish.
Tips and warnings
- Add chopped canned jalapeños for extra spice.
- Add or reduce milk to adjust creaminess.
- Make sure minced meat is cooked thoroughly to reduce the risk of ingesting harmful bacteria.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for