Chocolate bar car crafts make charming birthday party favours, stocking stuffers and inexpensive gifts. You can easily make these edible crafts using chocolate bars and other candy pieces. If you're creating the treats as birthday party favours, have each guest customise their own using their favourite type of chocolate bar. Fill a table with jars of vibrantly-coloured pieces of candy and encourage the children to use their imaginations as they design their one-of-a-kind edible cars.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Chocolate bar featuring a foil wrapper with a paper sleeve
- Assorted candy pieces, such as peppermints and gumdrops
- Low-temperature glue gun, with low-temp glue sticks
- Two wrapped mini candy bars
Choose a chocolate bar featuring a foil wrapper with a paper sleeve and a flat base.
To make the wheels, use a low-temp glue gun to attach four round wrapped candies, such as peppermints to the sides of the chocolate bar.
Glue two round candies, such as gumdrops, gum balls or Red Hots to the front of the chocolate bar as headlights.
Create a spoiler using mini candy bars featuring colourful wrappers. Glue one mini chocolate bar to the back half of the large chocolate bar, allowing it to protrude off of the back by a 1/4 of an inch. Glue another mini chocolate bar horizontally across to the back end of the first one to finish the car spoiler.
Tips and warnings
- An adult should oversee the use of a glue gun around children.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for