You've got your book written and it's time to add a book cover. When in need of a book cover, getting a professional to create it for you is not your only option. Creating it online yourself can be faster. An important aspect of book creation is the design of the book cover. It provides a form of imagery for the reader before the actual reading process. When creating your book cover online, think of some eye-catching text or images that you can use on your cover. Creating a book cover online requires less than 10 minutes if you are using the right program.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Colour ink printer
- Adobe Flash Player installed for your web browser
Go to Readwritethink.org (readwritethink.org/files/resources/interactives/bookcover/). This site serves as the book cover creation tool.
You will be prompted with a message asking "What kind of cover do you want to create?" Select "Front Cover Only."
A message will ask: "Please choose a printer from the choices below." Select the coloured ink printer.
Choose the desired template for your book cover. This will determine the arrangement for the text and photos for your cover as well as how the layout would appear once printed.
Select the "Text tools" option. Choose the desired alignment for the text, as well as font type and font size. Type in the title of the book as well as other important information such as the author's name, subtitle or illustrator.
Click the "Background tools" option. Choose the colour you want your book cover to have. After selecting the colour, click the preview section to determine where you want the colour placed on the book cover.
Select the "Drawing tools" option. Choose the desired brush size and colour. Click the preview section and draw onto the book cover. This allows you to give the cover a type of design.
Choose the "Print" option and print out your book cover.
Tips and warnings
- This can be used to create the front cover, front and back cover, as well as a book jacket.
- Save your progress as you go along, while working on the book cover.
- Prepare how you would like your book cover to look on paper, before creating it online. This will act as a reference.
- This method does not allow you to upload images from your computer onto the cover. If you would like to do so, visit Bookemon.com.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for