YouTube is a popular streaming Internet video provider, on which people can upload their own home videos with ease. Watching YouTube is also a popular pastime for Internet and computer users. Sometimes you may want to watch your YouTube video on a bigger screen, especially if you want to watch a video you made. There are many ways to play YouTube on your TV, as long as you have the right hardware to do so.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with VGA or DVI port
- VGA or DVI cables
- Internet connection
- TV with VGA or DVI port
- TV remote
Access the Internet using either a wired or wireless connection on your computer or laptop.
Find the video port on your computer. This will most likely be a VGA port or a DVI port if your computer is a newer model.
Connect your computer to your TV using a VGA or DVI cable. These can be found at many electronics stores.
Locate the display settings on your computer.
Change your display settings to external display settings. This will make the TV mirror the content on your computer screen.
Turn on your TV.
Use your TV remote and change your external input settings to a different setting. Scroll through the different input settings until your computer screen shows on the TV screen.
Play your YouTube video on your computer. The video should play on your TV at the same time.
Tips and warnings
- You can also buy a digital media receiver that can be used to receive Internet videos. These can be found at many electronics stores. While these devices can often be used to buy movies or listen to the radio online, one of their many purposes is to stream video such as that found on YouTube.
- Try using a game console to access the Internet on your TV. Many game consoles can connect to the Internet through a wireless connection and can then access YouTube and YouTube videos.
- Obtain a Blu-ray player that can access the Internet and stream videos in addition to playing Blu-ray discs.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for