A Public Address system can make or break a band's sound, so it is very important to choose the best PA speakers that you can buy for your music. The huge selection of PA speakers on the market today could be enough to exhaust the buyer while researching. Having basic knowledge of what you need to look for will help ease your buying experience. You need to assess your needs for volume and your budget for spending before you start looking at speakers.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Call the music stores in the area and find out which one has the largest selection of PA speakers in the area. Visit the store and ask to see their selection of PA speakers.
Tell the attendant what you are trying to power or how many people are in your band. This will let the attendant know what kind of power or volume that you need. It is also important to tell them what kind of PA you have and how much power it can take. This will narrow your search even more.
Choose the PA speakers that will best serve your band. Take into account the kind of venues where you might perform. This will help you decide how many speakers you will need. A regular coffee shop-type venue would require at least two column speakers and one floor monitor. A larger venue would require larger speakers and more floor monitors.
Tips and warnings
- Keep in mind that you get what you pay for with sound equipment. Try to stick with reputable brands that are known for quality products.
- Do not buy speakers that may be too powerful for your PA. Too much power will blow your Power Amplifer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for