Whether you have a costume party coming up or need a costume for your child so he can trick-or-treat on Halloween, an easy homemade look can reduce the time and money you spend on the costume. You can adapt a robber costume for any age and size, and can add items to the basic look to make it more specific. In most cases, you can create the costume without heading to the store for materials.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Black sweatsuit
- Black sneakers
- Over-sized black cotton hat (beanie)
- White or beige cotton pillowcase
- Green fabric marker
- Craft rope
Create a typical makeshift robber mask (in the style of a balaclava or ski mask) by first gathering your black beanie. Using your scissors, cut out two holes where the eyes should be, making them jagged and imperfect. Stretch the hat over your face to make sure you can see out of the holes.
Create a money bag for the robber to carry while in his costume by first gathering your white or beige cotton pillowcase. Cut off the first few inches of the opening of the pillowcase to make the rectangular shape look more like a square. Draw the dollar sign ($) onto the fabric with a green fabric marker, making it as bold as possible. Stuff the remaining pillowcase with scraps of newspaper or whatever paper you have available. Once the pillowcase looks adequately stuffed, tie off the end of it with a rope. Glue fake paper money onto the outside of the bag as if the money has flown out of the bag as the robber ran from the bank.
Put on the black sweatsuit and the black shoes when ready to get dressed up. Stretch the beanie over your face just as before and hold onto the money bag throughout your time wearing the costume.
Tips and warnings
- If you prefer to make a more old-fashioned burglar mask, draw two merged tear drop shapes onto a piece of black felt. Cut holes out in the middle of each shape for the eyes. Glue some black ribbon to either end of the mask and wrap the ribbons around the back of your head to secure the mask.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for