Saab factory car alarms automatically set every time the driver locks the vehicle using the key fob. If you don't want the alarm set, you must simply use the key to lock the door manually. However, if you don't want to take the time to lock your Saab every time you exit the vehicle, you'll find it easier to disable the alarm entirely.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Ignition key
- Fuse puller tool
Place the key in the ignition and start the vehicle. Like other vehicles, the Saab has an alarm box under the driver-side dash board. Press and hold in the override button until the alarm chirps one time.
Lift and secure the bonnet of the vehicle so it doesn't fall on you, then look for the fuse box. On Saab vehicles, the fuse box sits to the right of the engine, next to the firewall.
Locate the correct fuse. Most fuse boxes have the fuses labelled clearly. If the fuses aren't labelled, look at the diagram on the back of the fuse box cover to determine which fuse connects to the alarm.
Pull the fuse. Use a fuse puller tool to remove the fuse from the fuse box carefully. Put the cover back on the fuse box, and close the bonnet of the car.
Tips and warnings
- Mechanics at the Saab dealership can disconnect the alarm via the alarm wiring. Alarm wiring maps aren't public knowledge to keep them out of the hands of car thieves.
- In some Saab vehicles, the fuse that controls the alarm also controls the air conditioner. If your air conditioner isn't functioning properly, replace the fuse and take the vehicle to a Saab dealership to have the alarm disabled via the wiring.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for