You have finally found the perfect picture or painting for your space and a beautiful frame to put it in. There is just one problem: the frame still needs a hanging cord. With the proper tools, you can get your picture hanging in no time.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Screw eyes
- Picture wire (purchase wire appropriate for the weight of your picture)
Measure 1/3 of the way down from the top of your frame on the left and right side and use a pencil to mark the spot.
Pre-drill holes where you marked and insert the screw eyes.
Measure 1 1/2 times the length of the space between the screw eyes.
Feed the wire through each screw eye so that equal amounts stick out of the sides.
Loop the wire twice around an eye and wrap the extra wire around itself.
Test the wire by holding it from the middle where the nail would rest to ensure the wire comes no further than halfway up the frame. Pull any extra wire through the other screw eye and repeat Step 5 on that side.
Tips and warnings
- Apply felt to the corners of the frame to protect the wall and your frame.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for