Acrylic paint, a permanent and water-soluble paint used by artists, has a small amount of sheen when dry. It is, however, possible to make an acrylic painting look shiner and glossier if that is a more desired look.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Acrylic varnish, medium gloss
- Paper plate
- Stiff-bristled paint brush
Pour a small amount of varnish onto the paper plate. Dip a clean, dry brush into the varnish.
Apply smooth, even brushstrokes to the surface of the acrylic painting, all in the same direction. Do not overlap brushstrokes.
Wait for varnish to dry completely. If you want to add a second coat, make your brushstrokes smooth and perpendicular to the first set of strokes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for