Stage props are required for plays and can include hand props and set props. Hand props are anything that an actor holds in his hands, while set props are items that dress the stage. Either type of prop can be created so that it has a sparkly diamond appearance. You will need a workspace to create your props as well as to allow them to dry prior to use.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Fake diamonds
- Craft glue
- Fake jewels
- Thin string
Prepare the background of the hand prop that you want to embellish. For example, paint the prop a gold tone with acrylic paint and a paint brush, clean the surface of the prop, or distress the surface with a fine, 150- to 180-grit sandpaper. The surface preparation will depend on how you want the hand prop to look when you are done. Allow the surface of the hand prop to dry completely.
Select fake diamond jewels for your prop. Purchase these at any craft store.
Attach the fake diamonds to the hand prop using craft glue and allow the glue to dry completely.
Clean, or paint the background surface of the set prop, using soap and water, or acrylic paint and a paint brush. Allow the prop to dry. Painting the prop prior to embellishing it with jewels prevents you from painting over the jewels.
Attach fake jewels or fake diamonds to the prop using craft glue.
Create an overall sparkling diamond effect by painting the surface of the set prop with white glue and a paint brush, then sprinkling glitter over the glue. Make sure that the glue will dry to a transparent finish. When the glue dries the glitter will sparkle under the stage lights. Silver glitter works best.
Tips and warnings
- You can create diamond patterns on the surface of props by taping off the area that you want to sparkle around the edges. Then apply craft glue inside of the taped area, followed by a sprinkling of glitter over the glue. Allow the glue to completely dry before removing the tape.
- For necklaces, or bracelets, string fake diamonds on thin string. Make sure that your fake diamonds have pre-cut holes in them for stringing.
- Remember that you may not need as many fake diamonds or glitter as you think. The stage lights will illuminate your sparkling props a great deal, so test them out under the stage lights to be sure you have the right amount of sparkle.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for