The RCI-2950 is a citizens' band radio (CB) from RangerUSA. The RCI series consists of CBs with 10 and 12 meter bands, variable output power control, noise blanker and 10 programmable frequencies. The microprocessor in this unit controls the electronic components that manage memory settings and overall function. Reset the microprocessor by detaching the power source for several minutes.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Turn the unit around so that the rear panel faces the front. Locate the 13.8V DC power cable. The connection has two wires, black and red that feed into a central plug. The plugs sit on the right side of the panel, near the bottom.
Disconnect the cable. Leave it unplugged from the unit for five minutes.
Push the plug back into the socket connection.
Rotate the radio so the front panel in facing forward. Locate the On/Off power button on the upper right side. The power button is the second knob on the top level. Turn the unit on. You will need to reset all programming and channels.
Tips and warnings
- Read the manual that came with your unit for proper maintenance and repair information.
- The manufacturer warns that AC power supplies must be regulated to at least 7 amps. If you are having problems with the unit, such as static, this may be the problem. If the radio is for your vehicle, connect the power directly to the battery.
- Resetting the microprocessor will erase any preset frequencies on the radio.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for