Halloween is a holiday that comes from a rich background including Celtic, European and Roman traditions that used costumes to keep ghouls and ghosts at bay. By the 19th century, this fright filled night became better known as a non-religious children's celebration. Modern Halloween festivities typically mean trick or treating, fanciful costumes, school parades and visits to a spooky haunted house. If your school, organisation or local community group will be holding a haunted house this year, try publicising the fun with an eye-catching free printable flyer.
- Skill level:
Browse a printable flyer website such as Moms Break 500+ Free Printables, Free Flyer Templates or Free Printables. Another option is to try the templates section of Microsoft Office Online.
Choose a flyer template that matches your needs. For example, if your haunted house is primarily for a younger audience, choose a more friendly themed flyer that includes smiling ghosts or a similar design.
Download the flyer template to your computer.
Enter your haunted house information. Most templates will allow you to add in the name, a date and time and address. Some also include additional lines for extra information such as pricing.
Print the flyers on your printer.
Tips and warnings
- For an special burst of colour, try printing your flyers on a bright orange or Halloween border paper.
- Avoid high paper costs. Instead of buying thick, expensive paper, use thinner copier grades.
- If you are struggling to find a template that meets all of your needs, simply create your own using a word processing program and clip art. This will also allow you to add in a personalised photo of your haunted house.
- Make sure that the flyer template is indeed free prior to downloading. Read all of the fine print at each website that you use.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for