Cakes are sweet, flavourful and satisfying desserts. However, quickly fulfilling a craving for a piece of cake can be difficult if you don't have a microwave convection oven. Baking a cake in a standard oven requires at least 20 minutes. Using a microwave convention oven decreases the cooking time by 50 per cent.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Microwave convection oven
- Cake mix
- 4 microwaveable ramekins
- Cooking spray
Mix cake mix with other required ingredients. Spray ramekins with cooking spray. Fill each ramekin half full to allow the cake to in double size when baking.
Place 4 ramekins in microwave convection oven to form a square. Space each ramekin 5 inches apart to allow equal cooking times.
Microwave for 5 minutes. Shake each ramekin to release air bubbles, and microwave for an additional 5 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the centre of each cake. If the toothpick has cake batter on it, add an additional 3 minutes of cooking time, then retest again. If the toothpicks come out clean, leave the ramekins to cool for 2 to 4 minutes in the microwave to prevent burns because the ramekins will be very hot.
Tips and warnings
- If your cake recipe needs oil, substituting applesauce decreases fat and calories.
- Using ramekins instead of a regular baking dish allows quick cooking time and individual serving sizes.
- Allow each ramekin to cool after cooking to prevent burns and other injury.
- To prevent fires, don't line ramekins with parchment paper, waxed paper or cupcake holders.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for