Coffee is a universally enjoyed beverage, and regardless of the weather, people still drink their coffee hot. A coffee cup holder is a useful accessory to have around the house when you brew your own cup of Joe. It is an easy craft, and you can use scraps of fabric left over from other projects. Make several of these cup holders to have around your house or in your car, and you won't burn your hands when the coffee and the cup are too hot.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cardboard or thick paper, 6 inches by 15 inches
- 1/4 yard fabric
- Pen or tailor's chalk
- Iron (optional)
- 1/4 yard batting
- Pins (optional)
- Sewing machine (optional)
Cut a 6-inch-by-15-inch rectangle out of thick paper or cardboard to use as a template. Trace the template on two pieces of fabric, using a pen or tailor's chalk.
Cut out the two pieces of fabric, and iron if necessary.
Use the template to measure a piece of batting. Use a pen or tailor's chalk to mark the size, and cut it out.
Arrange the cup holder fabric in the order you will sew. Place one piece of fabric, wrong side up. Place the piece of batting on top of the first piece of fabric. Put the second piece of fabric, right side up, on top of the batting. Pin the layers together, if desired, to hold them in place.
Sew the top length of the fabric layers together, either by hand or with a sewing machine. Sew the bottom length together in the same manner.
Sew the two short sides of the cup holder together, and turn the fabric inside out. Your personalised coffee cup holder is now ready to use.
Tips and warnings
- Before cutting the fabric to start your project, check the measurements given against the coffee cup you regularly use. Coffee cups come in many sizes, so you might need to adjust the measurements of the coffee cup holder.
- Use sequins, paint, ribbon or buttons to decorate your cup holder.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for