The Xbox 360 is a game console and media centre that ships with an A/V cable. This is your only option to connect the 360 to your television right out of the box, and this is a useless cable if your television has only a coaxial cable input in the back. To get around this, the easiest way is to use an RF modulator. RF modulators are sold at most retail stores in the electronics department.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- RF modulator
- Xbox 360 A/V cable
Plug in the Xbox 360.
Plug the A/V cable into the back of the 360.
Plug in the RF modulator.
Insert the red, white and yellow ends of the A/V connector into the corresponding plug-ins on the RF modulator.
Connect your television to the RF modulator using the coaxial cable. If you want to keep cable television connected, connect your outside cable line to the jack labelled "Cable In."
Turn on your television, Xbox 360 and RF modulator.
Locate the switch on the back of the RF modulator that says 3/4. Push the switch to 3 for Channel 3 or 4 for Channel 4.
Turn your television to the channel you chose on the RF modulator. Your Xbox 360 will be playable on that channel.
Tips and warnings
- The RF modulator will only work with the A/V connector, not a component or HD cable.
- A power strip is a good idea so you can plug everything in easily.
- Check your wires for splits or other damage before plugging in any device.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for