Like many classic video game consoles, the Atari 2600 has experienced a resurgence in popularity in recent years. However, the Atari 2600 was designed to play on the television sets that were available when it was released, and many gamers find it difficult to connect the console to modern televisions such as the Samsung HDTV. Luckily, connecting your Atari 2600 to a Samsung HDTV is simple and only requires an inexpensive coaxial (F-type) to female RCA adaptor.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Coaxial (F-type) to female RCA adaptor
Connect your Atari 2600 RCA cable to the female RCA input on the adaptor.
Connect the coaxial input on the adaptor to the cable jack on your TV.
Turn your Samsung HDTV to the channel that the Atari 2600 is set to play through.
Tips and warnings
- Coaxial (F-type) to female RCA adaptors can be purchased online or at RadioShack for about £1.90. You may find this adaptor labelled as a "Gold-Plated Phono-to-F Adapter."
- The Atari 2600 is designed to play on Channels 2-4 of your television set. You can select the channel on your Atari's OEM TV switch box.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for