A hanging wire candle holder is a great way to provide candlelight outside without tables or complicated stands. At your next barbecue or outdoor evening event, use wire candle holders to provide the low-key atmosphere you need. They provide a subtle light for visitors to talk and mingle, and give a cosy, homey feeling to the event.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 cup, small, shot-glass-shaped
- 1 candle, small-sized
- 10-inch length of 1/10 inch width flexible metal wire
Wrap one end of the flexible wire around the bottom half of the glass cup, and twist the wire closed. The glass cup should "sit" inside the wire ring. The glass cup is shot-glass-shaped, so it will not slip all the way through the wire ring. The circumference of the cup increases towards the top.
Wrap the other end of the flexible wire around the structure that the candle will hang off of. For example, wrap the other end around a tree branch, a hook, a porch post, or any other sturdy item.
Check that the glass cup is facing up, and is not crooked.
Place the small candle inside of the glass cup.
Repeat these steps to make the amount of wire candle holders desired for your event.
Tips and warnings
- You can vary the size of the cups and the candles according to your wishes. If you use a wider candle, you will need a wider glass cup.
- Make sure that the candle you are using is not taller than the cup. The wind will blow out the candle if it is too tall.
- Use wire that is strong enough to hold the weight of the cup and candle. Otherwise, the candle holder can fall.
- Keep an eye on burning candles at all times to prevent fire hazards.
- Hang the wire candle holders out of children's reach.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for