With the emergence of mobile phones with media capabilities, such as the ability to play MP3s, videos and even create ringtones, many people have taken to using their mobile phone as both a portable music player and a communication device. Thus, the need for a simple way to transfer your iTunes library from your computer to your mobile phone has led to the use of micro SD cards, which are great for storing files of all types, such as music, videos, pictures, documents and ringtones.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Micro SD card of 2 GB or more
- Micro SD card reader or adaptor
Libraries > Music > iTunes > iTunes Music
There you will find all of the music you have on your iTunes. and you can begin selecting the music you wish to load onto the micro SD card.
Select the music you wish to put onto the micro SD card and make sure it can fit on the card--a 2 GB card can hold at least 75 downloadable songs. Find the micro SD card on your computer or laptop--usually it is labelled as a "Removable Disk." Simply drag and drop the selected music onto the card and wait for the music to download on the card before removing it from your computer or laptop.
Remove the actual micro SD card from the unit and insert it into the micro SD card slot located somewhere on your mobile device, if you have used a micro SD card reader or adaptor. The phone should recognise the card immediately, and you may be asked whether you would like to navigate to the card.
Make sure the music has loaded properly by navigating to your phone's storage and looking for the micro SD card. The music files may be in their own folder labelled "Music," or, if not, they may be in their own file labelled according to the artist or band. If all of your music appears to be on the phone, the next step is to listen to the selections.
Navigate to the media player on your phone. There, you may be given the option of listening to music on the phone or on the memory (micro SD) card; otherwise, the phone may automatically populate the music from your card, and it will be available already. Simply choose the song or album you would like to hear. You have successfully loaded your iTunes music onto your micro SD card and can now enjoy it on your mobile device.
Tips and warnings
- There may be songs in your iTunes library that cannot be transferred from your iTunes to another device. Typically, these are songs that are protected by passwords or have been downloaded from another iTunes user who has provided you with the necessary password to listen to the downloaded music.
- Only copy your music or use the drag-and-drop method, to prevent the loss of your music during the transfer process from your computer/laptop to the micro SD card.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for