Boneless pork tenderloin is often the most expensive cut of pork at the grocery store. Cut from the loin of the hog, the tenderloin is the most tender pork portion. Simple to cook by a variety of methods, baking or roasting is often the preferred way to prepare tenderloin for the table. The U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service recommends that tenderloins be cooked in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes per pound.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Roasting pan or shallow pan with rack
- Aluminium foil
- Bacon or prosciutto
- Meat infuser
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped onion
- Rosemary or dill
Season the 0.68kg. pork tenderloin as desired. Place on a baking rack in a roasting pan or shallow pan. Add 1/2 cup water to the pan. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for one to one-and-a-half hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
Wrap the loin with bacon or prosciutto ham. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth to the roasting pan and place the loin on the rack in the roaster. Cover with the roaster lid or foil and back for one to one-and-a-half hours.
Fill a meat infuser with finely chopped garlic, onion and either rosemary or dill. Inject the pork tenderloin with the mixture, 1 inch deep, every 2 to 3 inches along the top of the loin. Bake covered in a roasting pan for one to one-and-a-half hours.
Tips and warnings
- Pork should always be cooked well-done. If you do not have a meat thermometer, cook the pork for 30 minutes per pound. Insert a fork into the centre of the meat and ensure that the juices run clear before serving.
- You can use seasonings as simple as salt and pepper on a pork tenderloin or use more exotic herbs or spice blends.
- You can also bake a tenderloin in an electric roaster, at normal oven temps, or in the slow cooker. If cooking in a slow cooker, increase the time to six to eight hours.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for