Entertaining, whether at a sit-down dinner or party with friends, involves many of the same basic tasks. The host must plan the food and beverages, clean and organise the home and, of course, set and decorate the table. Part of any table setting is the centrepiece. Usually the theme expressed in the table centrepiece is also reflected in decorations placed on the mantel and elsewhere in the house. Elegance and classic lines can be easily achieved by using wine glasses adorned with a few special touches.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Silk flowers
- Wine glasses in various sizes
- Tealight candles
- Votive candles
- Floating candles
- Mirror tiles
Place three to five wine glasses of different sizes on a mirror tile. Turn the two smallest glasses upside down so that their stems are facing up.
Fill two or three of the glasses halfway with water. Place a floating candle in each glass.
Remove the silk flowers from their stems. Arrange a few blossoms into an upright glass. Put two or three flowers into each of the remaining glasses, and place the glasses upside down on mirror tiles.
Nestle one votive candle in the base of each upside down glass. Arrange three tealights on the mirror tiles around the edges of the wine glasses. Sprinkle silk flower petals around the tiles. Light the candles and enjoy. Repeat the display on a buffet or mantel to tie the decor together.
Tips and warnings
- Add crystals to the mirror tiles to add extra sparkle to the centrepiece.
- Instead of flowers, consider using small, round glass ornaments for a holiday display
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for