Whirlpool bathtubs aid in relaxation. Hot water jets around you, soothing and calming your body and mind. Whirlpool bathtubs require regular cleaning and maintenance to keep them running properly. Clean the jets every two weeks if you use the Whirlpool bathtub often, monthly if you don't. Common household products will clean the jets.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Powder dishwasher detergent
Plug the bathtub and add hot water until it covers the jets.
Add 4 tbsp powder dishwasher detergent and 1/2 cup bleach. The low-foaming dishwasher detergent works well for Whirlpool bathtub cleaning, as it won't become too sudsy with the action of the jets.
Turn the water jets on for 15 minutes. As the water circulates, the detergent and bleach work through the jets and clean them.
Drain the water and refill the bathtub with cold water.
Run the jets for 10 minutes to rinse away the cleaning solution, and then drain the bathtub and wipe it dry.
Tips and warnings
- Don't use oily products in a Whirlpool bathtub. They can clog the jets and strain the pump.
- Check the manual for your Whirlpool tub to see if the jets are removable. If so, remove the jets and run them through a regular cycle in your dishwasher. Allow to air dry instead of in the dishwasher's drying part of the cycle.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for