Have your friends and family count down with you to your special occasion or favourite holiday. Create a countdown widget for everything from your 21st birthday to fireworks on the 4th of July or when you'll be coming home for spring break. You can also create a business countdown to remind your employees of an upcoming meeting, convention or launch of a new product. Whether you want to create a countdown just for fun or for practical purposes, there are plenty of websites available to help.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Visit a website that offers free countdown widgets, like MyCountdown.org.
Choose an already-programmed widget. You can easily grab a widget that's currently counting down to a United States holiday, like Christmas or St. Patrick's Day.
Design your own widget. Choose a template, clock design and personalised text to create your own countdown clock. Choose the day, month and year you're counting down to, as well as the specific time that you want the countdown to expire. Integrate your favourite cartoon like Mickey Mouse or Garfield into your countdown ticker. Include wedding bells, a diploma or a birthday cake to immediately showcase the event you can't wait for. Graphics can even be animated.
Copy and paste the code to your website. When you're finished creating your custom countdown clock, the website you're using will provide you with a long code. Copy this code and paste it on whatever Internet platform you'd like to use to showcase your countdown. Once you save your webpage, the code will automatically turn into the actual clock.
Tips and warnings
- Some websites that offer countdown clocks are geared towards the more technology-savvy community. 7Is7.com, for example, lets you input HTML to choose details like font colour and frame type. You'll also be able to not just countdown to a future date, but count up from a past date. You can also decide if you want to simply put the clock on your web page or if you want it to pop up when someone visits your site.
- While some websites won't allow certain forms of a countdown clock, such as a popup, you can almost always integrate a basic link into your site.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for