How to Import Used Japanese Engines

Written by lejarie battieste-noguchi | 13/05/2017
How to Import Used Japanese Engines
(old engine image by John Sfondilias from

Used Japanese car engines are highly desired because of their excellent fuel efficiency. They can be imported by contacting an exporter of Japanese engines or an exporter of JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) vehicles.

How to Import Used Japanese Engines
Contact Exporters (search , find, help, web button, button image by creative from

Determine the type of Japanese engine you need, such as passenger vehicle, light truck or commercial vehicle, as well as the quantity. The most popular Japanese engines are Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Yamaha and Mazda. They should be readily available for import.

How to Import Used Japanese Engines
Complete Invoice (Blue pen in front of invoice image by millann from

Contact at least two Japanese engine exporters regarding the engine you need. Provide specific information such as the engine's desired mileage, year of manufacture, model and price. Compare costs, shipping estimates and delivery times. They can varying depending on the location of the exporter. Notify the exporter which engine model you plan to buy.

How to Import Used Japanese Engines
Make Payment. (Pay Sign image by Leticia Wilson from

Complete a Pro-Forma/Pre-Invoice. The pro-forma invoice will be issued by the exporter to you usually by fax containing information about the engine you plan to purchase. By signing the invoice, you will confirm that the information is accurate and that you promise to purchase the item listed on the invoice.

Make payment. Exporters usually accept payments with a major credit card, but most also accept an international bank money transfer. Some exporters may require an initial deposit before export, so carefully read the pro-forma invoice regarding payment. Once payment has been received and confirmed, the exporter will send you copy of the Bill of Lading. This will detailed shipping information.

Things you need

  • Internet
  • Credit card
  • Bank account

Show MoreHide

  • All types
  • Articles
  • Slideshows
  • Videos
  • Most relevant
  • Most popular
  • Most recent

No articles available

No slideshows available

No videos available

By using the site, you consent to the use of cookies. For more information, please see our Cookie policy.