Scrapbook paper is a popular material used for a variety of projects. Because it is available in a variety of colours and designs, it is often used as a decorative cover for notebooks and binders. Using scrapbook paper to cover a three-ring binder is an effective way to personalise a generic cover that reflects your personality. It is also a useful way to distinguish one binder from another when several binders are used on a regular basis.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Three-ring binder
- Scrapbook paper
- Sanding block
- Craft glue
- Ric-rac, ribbon, or decorative binding
Select the colour and design of scrapbook paper you will be using. You will need three sheets.
Measure the height and width of the front and back covers, as well as the area of the spine, to determine how to cut the paper.
Cut the scrapbook paper according to the measurements and insert it into the transparent sleeves attached to the front, back and spine of the binder. It may be necessary to trim the paper to ensure a perfect fit.
If your binder does not have plastic sleeves, you can glue your scrapbook paper to the surface of the binder. Measure the covers and spine as above. Using clear craft glue or a glue gun, attach the paper to the cover. Be sure to smooth any creases. Allow the glue to completely dry before you start using the binder.
Use a sanding block to finish edges, or create a decorative edge with ribbon or ric-rac attached with glue. Be sure to position the trim for the two long edges of the spine first. Follow with the trim around the entire outer edge of the binder, covering the loose ends of the spine trim to create a neat finish.
Tips and warnings
- It is useful to use the trim to measure the outer edge, this ensures an very accurate measurement.
- If you cannot find the scrapbook paper you want, you can create designs on a computer and print them to make custom binder covers.
- Make sure to measure before cutting. It is preferable to trim the paper down to size after it is attached, rather than to over-trim the paper and end up with an insert that is too small.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for