The White Rabbit is a character from the book "Alice in Wonderland" by English author Lewis Carroll. The rabbit is know for his frantic demeanour, issues with punctuality and quirky behaviour. Dressing up for Halloween as the White Rabbit is an enjoyable way to show your friends and family your quirky side. You can make your own White Rabbit costume at home using supplies found around the house and from your local arts and crafts store.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- White rabbit-ear headband
- White mittens
- White shoes
- White trousers
- White shirt
- One piece of 6 inch' x 6 inch' red felt
- Hot-glue gun
- 1/3 yard of 36-inch-wide white fabric
- Red single-fold bias tape
- Glitter paint
- Red lipstick
Fold the 1/3 yard of 36-inch white fabric in half, and cut a 6-inch diameter half circle in the fold to create the opening for the costume wearer's head.
Slip the edge of the neck opening between layers of red bias tape. Hot glue the bias tape into place.
Cut a heart shape from each piece of red felt. Hot glue the felt heart to the front centre of the white fabric.
Decorate the outer edge and the inside of the red heart with glitter paint.
Put on the white trousers, shirt, shoes and mittens. Place the white sheet over the costume wearer's head and put the white rabbit-ear headband on.
Apply hearts on the cheeks with the lipstick.
Tips and warnings
- Use caution when handling the hot-glue gun.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for