According to Ask a Healer, compression body wraps with ACE bandages do not cause you to lose fat. However, compression body wraps do remove excess water, reduce the appearance of cellulite and temporarily reduce the body's size. The overall loss may appear on the scale as a few pounds in only an hour, but this weight loss is only temporary. Homemade compression body wraps can be completed the day before a wedding, high school reunion or other big event to help slim a few inches.
Mix seaweed powder, Fuller's earth and lime juice in a large pot or bowl to make a paste. If the paste is too dry, add a small amount of warm water. The paste should be the consistency of oatmeal and not cookie dough.
Stir in the almond oil, honey and essential oils.
Add warm water to the paste to create a fluid consistency, similar to paper mache paste.
Soak the rolled ACE bandages in the body wrap solution. Squeeze the bandages while immersed to help the solution penetrate completely.
Ring out the bandages and place on a plate or tray.
Take a hot shower and scrub vigorously with an exfoliant. This will open the pores and remove any dead skin.
Stand in the bathtub. You can apply the wraps while wearing undergarments or not, whatever is most comfortable for you.
Begin at the ankle and wrap the length of the leg, overlapping the wrap by at least a 1/2 inch to keep the wrap secure. Maintain a tight but not uncomfortable tension as you wrap. Depending on your size, you may be able to continue from your upper thigh around the hip. Tuck in the end of the bandage to secure.
Wrap the hips, abdomen and chest. Again, depending on your size, the hips may already be wrapped from the legs. You may need two ACE bandages to completely wrap the torso.
Wrap your arms starting at the wrist. Once you reach the shoulder, bring the wrap across your chest, behind your back and over the shoulder. Repeat for the other arm.
Wrap yourself in a foil thermal blanket and lie down in the tub for 45 minutes to an hour.
Unwind the ACE bandages and place them in a bucket full of water. Later you will want to rinse them out thoroughly with a garden hose and wash in the washing machine.
Rinse off the body wrap solution in a warm shower.
Place a space heater in the bathroom to keep the room hot and facilitate perspiration. Read a book, listen to an audiobook or music, or bring a portable television into the bathroom to entertain yourself while you soak in your wrap.
Tips and warnings
- Place a space heater in the bathroom to keep the room hot and facilitate perspiration.
- Read a book, listen to an audiobook or music, or bring a portable television into the bathroom to entertain yourself while you soak in your wrap.
Things you need
- Large bowl or pot
- 85.1gr. dried seaweed powder
- 851gr. Fuller's earth powder
- 8 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sweet almond oil
- ½ tsp. clear honey
- 4 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- Warm water
- 5 to 8, 6 inch ACE Bandages
- Foil thermal blanket
- Bucket filled with water
- YouTube: Body Wrap Featured on The Racheal Ray Show Phoenix | Scottsdale Arizona
- Ask a Healer: Body Wraps for Weight Loss
- Ask a Healer: Before You Have That Body Wrap ... What You Should Know About Bodywrapping.
- Ask a Healer: You can do body wraps at home!
- HealthyRecipes.com: Body Wraps Recipes
- SavvyHomemade:Homemade Body Wrap--Homemade Slimming Wrap