In 1987, the science fiction movie "Predator" was released. It introduced the world to Predators, an alien species of tribal hunters. The Predator was created by legendary visual effects supervisor and make-up artist Stan Winston. There are two types of Predator, the classic and the berserker. Within these two types, there are different designs of Predator. After four movies, there have been approximately 25 types named. Among these are Wolf, Chomper and Celtic.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Reference photo
Research pictures of Predator designs online (see Resources for a link).
Sketch the head shape, starting with the large forehead.
Draw the rest of the head shape, extending down past the eye location.
Draw curved cheekbones. Extend the line for the mandible cover. Create a line for the chin strap.
Draw the jawline parallel to the mandible cover. The top of the mandible cover should start at the cheekbone.
Shape eyes and add additional mask features. These may include a targeting laser, O2 ports and decorations. This is the time to add the parts that make each Predator character individualised, whether you're drawing one of the existing Predators or creating your own version.
Tips and warnings
- There are more than 25 types of Predator, so research masks online to obtain source material for your design. See Resources for Predator costume information.
- The Celtic design of Predator is one of the most complex and challenging to draw.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for