Decorating for a home luau party or festive barbecue is easy and cost-friendly when you make your own decorations. For example, making your own grass table border takes few materials and can be completed quickly. A grass border jazzes up a picnic table or other surface during a themed get-together. Making a grass skirt for a table provides you with a craft project that leaves plenty of room for creativity and experimentation.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Streamer paper roll
- Measuring tape
- Decorative grass
- Craft glue stick
Measure and cut a length of streamer paper that matches the measurement around the table top on which the grass skirt will hang.
Spread the streamer out evenly in front of you and make sure that it is not twisted or crinkled.
Spread a layer of craft glue along the bottom edge of the length of streamer. Use a wide gauge streamer so you can apply an inch wide line of glue along the entire edge.
Apply long, fringelike strips of decorative grass to the glued edge of streamer paper. For example, craft grass can be purchased in a wide range of colours and textures. You can obtain natural looking grass for a luau or choose something festive like glittery silver tassels. Choose long grass of about 24 inches in length. Press the top inch of each strip of grass to the inch-wide layer of glue firmly. Do this until the entire length of streamer paper features fringed grass along the bottom.
Tips and warnings
- As an alternative and creative step to buying craft grass, use a home-office paper shredder and coloured paper to create your own.
- Apply the grass skirt to the edges of your table with double-sided tape. You can also use a stapler to affix it to the corners of the table, or use normal clear craft tape.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for