Add a little flare to your writing utensils. Turning a regular ballpoint pen into a quill pen can add class and a bit of flare to a writing occasion.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Exacto knife
- Large feather
- Piece of wire
Scrape off the scales from the end of the feather.
Cut off the tip of the feather so its shaft is the diameter of the ink cartridge of the ballpoint pen.
Clean out the inside of the feather shaft with the wire.
Remove the ink cartridge from the ballpoint pen and insert it into the end of the feather.
Tips and warnings
- If the pen tip is loose, gluing the pen cartridge into the feather shaft can prevent the pen tip from shifting while you are writing.
- Exacto knives are very sharp; be careful while cutting the feather.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for