Flowerpot stands can add a decorative touch to your home. They can be used in the interior of the home or as a piece of garden furniture in your patio, terrace and garden. They come in various forms and sizes to allow multiple flowerpots to rest on the stands. Although you can purchase flowerpot stands, it can be more cost-efficient to build your own. With materials found at many hardware stores, you can customise and personalise the flowerpot stand as desired to complement your home's decor.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Four 2-foot-long 2-by-4s
- Wooden pallet
- Wood glue
- 4 right-angled joist hangers
Determine the size of the flowerpot stand desired. Use a larger pallet for your flowerpot if it is going to be used to support multiple plants' pots. Reduce the size of the pallet if it will be supporting only one pot.
Screw one of the 2-by-4 planks underneath the wooden pallet on one of the corners using a drill to make the flowerpot stand's legs.
Attach the joist hangers between the pallet and the 2-by-4 plank. Apply wood glue between the legs and the pallet for additional security and support.
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 to attach the remaining 2-by-4 planks to the other three corners of the wooden pallet.
Allow the wood glue to dry. Read the label on the wood glue to determine the drying time as it varies with wood glue brands.
Place the plant pots on the top side of the pallet.
For a more decorative look, trace the outline of the plant pot with a pencil. Use the saw to cut out the top slats of the wooden pallet by following the outline. This will allow you to insert your plant pot into the pallet and rest it on the bottom slats of the pallet. Only part of the pot will be exposed.
Tips and warnings
- The slots between the boards in the wooden pallet will act as a natural draining system when the plants are being watered.
- Use wood stain or paint to add a sleek, finished look to your flowerpot stand. Make sure to use outdoor wood stain if you plan on keeping the flowerpot stand outside.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for