Hotspot Shield is a computer program that allows you mask your IP address and display an alternate one. This is a useful feature if you ever need to perform a task or visit a website but your IP address is being blocked for some reason and thus bars access. If you already have Hotspot Shield installed on your computer, you can have your IP address changed quickly.
- Skill level:
Turn on the computer and select the "Start" button on the lower-left corner of the screen. Click on the "All Programs" folder in the Start menu.
Select the "Hotspot Shield" and then choose "Hotspot Shield Launch." This will start Hotspot Shield.
Look for the small shield icon in the lower-right corner of the screen. This is the Hotspot Shield icon and it indicates that the program is running.
Wait for the shield to turn from yellow to green to indicate that Hotspot Shield is connected. Once connected, your IP address will be changed.
Tips and warnings
- You can use the Internet as you normally would when using Hotspot Shield.
- Do not violate the terms of Hotspot Shield's agreement by using it for purposes that are prohibited.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for